Wicked Weld Class 2024 Rules
DO NOT READ ANYTHING INTO THESE RULES, JUST READ THE RULES!! If it doesn't say
you can, YOU CAN'T!
Or you will be loaded, your choice! NO black cars, dark cars must have contrasting letter/numbers. DO NOT paint anywhere on suspension or frame, we will not even inspect your car.
NO IMPERIALS, SUICIDES OR CHECKER CABS.
- Remove all glass mirrors and plastic. Remove all decking in wagons
- All Drivers must pick up trophies, earnings at the completion of the event, or forfeit
them. They will not be available after that date.
- There is no working on or storing cars in the camping area. All cars will be worked on
and kept in the pit area. No work will be performed on cars in an enclosed tent or
enclosure of any kind. Pop up tents are welcome with max of 2 sides.
COMPETITION RULES: - Drivers must remain in the vehicle with helmet, seat belt, eye protection and steering wheel on until notified by an official that it is safe to exit the
- Driver’s door hits are illegal. If the hit is deemed by the official to be careless or
intentional, you will be disqualified. If you use your driver’s door as a defense, we will not enforce the rules. If you use the door defense repeatedly you will be disqualified.
- No hot rodding in the pits. Keep it at an idle.
- Any open door will be cause disqualification, you are allowed one fire, and then second
fire will be cause for disqualification. You may return in later rounds.
- Sandbagging is not tolerated and will be strictly enforced. Locking up the brakes prior to a hit for anything other than a driver’s door will be a cause for disqualification. The fans pay to see a show, put one on for them!
- You must make AGGRESSIVE HIT every 60 seconds.
- You will be given ample time for restarts. We do not use the clock
exclusively. We try to work with you if you are hung up. Hitters get more time than
- This is not a team event; team driving will not be tolerated.
- THERE IS NO ALCOHOL IN THE PITS. This includes pit crews. If you or ANY of your crew is caught
with alcohol, you will be disqualified.
- Any questions, CALL FIRST. Don’t assume anything. The Officials decision is final.
- No sedagons
-Front and Rear fenders are allowed to be creased, but must stay upright.
- Wagons ONLY if you remove your tail gate may have 6 places of wire 2 strands max must be behind axle sheet metal to sheet metal only roof to floor.
- Anything can be removed, NOTHING can be added. – All cars competing must have a hood on at all times to run.
- Fasten hoods in 6 places, 2 strands of #9 wire, (Sheet metal to sheet metal only)
or 6 locations using 1⁄2 bolts with store bought washers through the drip rail in the trunk. You may also use angle no longer than 2” long and a single 1⁄2” bolt to hold hoods shut.
-Door seams, and trunks may be welded 6 on 6 off
-Window Bars must be no bigger than 1/4 “ x 3” wide MAX
-Radiator Guard 1/8 “ material MAX
-You may have up to a 8” core support spacer, 2”x2” tubing max (it may not be welded if metal)
- If you choose to change your core support mounts with 2 of your threaded rods, you get 3 plates 1/4x 5”x 5” max, 7- 5/8 nuts ,7 -3"OD max 1/8 thick washers per threaded rod CORE SUPPORT ONLY. If core support bolts are changed, this will count for 2 of your 8 mounts. Body Mount plates may not be welded in any way.
-Body mounts and spacers to remain stock and in place. DO NOT EVEN TOUCH THEM! Exception, You may change a total of 8 body bolts out, with 5/8"x 30" long threaded rod max with 3 nuts, 3- 5/8 store bought washers and 3-5”x5” 1/4" thick plates per rod. Must be straight vertical rod only, no bends or angle pieces. Must have 1 inch rubber or metal spacer no larger than stock body pucks and all bottom nuts must be inside frame. If they are broken or rusted out, a single piece #9 wire may be substituted. ZERO welding allowed to mount this rod. Rusted out body bolts may be removed and replaced with a single strand of #9 wire.
- No attaching body bolts to any part of the cage/roll over bar.
- #9 wire or chain required in front windshield.
- You may dimple your rear frame rails only to achieve the frame to roll
- NO welding, bolting, wiring or adding any material/substance to strengthen frames.
-At Inspectors discretion frames will be drilled, wire wheeled or wiped down. – Absolutely not painting or spraying any material on frames or welds. Cars will not be inspected.
- You may have a 6”x22”x1/4” humplate, straight across the hump or contoured.
-You may cut the flap and tilt in one place and one direction. No other seam welding aloud.
-You may have 1: 3”x6” plate for bumper mounting per frame rail. This is allowed front and rear
-OEM crossmember OR 2’’x2’’ a straight piece of square tube. May weld a piece of 3’’x3’’x6’’ angle to frame to aid in attaching crossmember only to side rails.
-You may use 2 pieces of 1” allthread, straight up and down welded 4” max to frame going through the deck lid.
-Era Specific, Model Specific EXP. Metric Ford to Metric Ford
SUSPENSION and STEERING:
- You may weld 2 straps per upper A-Arm 2”x2” to maintain ride height.
-You may use screw in balljoints
- You may not have a wishbones if you car did not come factory with them
EXP. (98-02 may not use a box ford wishbone)
- You may change coil springs to a stiffer oem passenger car spring.
- You may use store bought spring spacers (no homemade spacers or spacers on top of the springs)
- You may use a single strand #9 wire to hold coil spring to rear end. Leaf spring cars may use 4 single strands #9 wire as leaf clamps per spring stack.
- All suspension and steering must remain stock ( unless a modification is stated ).
- Aftermarket steering columns and shafts are allowed. These components may not strength car in anyway at anytime.
- Tie rods maybe reinforced in only 1 of the following 2 ways; 1) sleeve maybe discarded and pipe/solid rod tapped can be put in it's place. 2) Factory sleeve and ends maybe welded and reinforced with steel. Tie rod ends must be factory ends and fit the spindle and drag link without reaming the holes larger. A store bought washer maybe placed over the steam of the tie rod and welded.
- Upper A arms maybe interchanged as long as there able to be bolted on. You may cut/trim to make fit but no welding on brackets etc. A arm must bolt on factory brackets offrame, no drilling new holes or enlarging existing holes. Example: 80-91 box ford a armsbeing installed on a 98-02. Cut the mounting bar out and trim the edges of a arms to get height.
-Rear control arms may be changed, but must be stock.
-Rear control arms must be OEM, but may be boxed in or doubled.
-You are only allowed to have 4 control arms MAX
- 98 up watt links conversion will be allowed only in the following way!! Upper trailing arm brackets must be bolted in. They must be 2 separate brackets, may not be larger than 6”x 12”x 3/8” thick max. 4- 5/8 bolts, nuts and 8 washers per bracket. Brackets may only be bolted to tow package and bolts may not stick thru body. Brackets may not strengthen the frame or body. NO WELDING AT ALL OF UPPER BRACKETS.
-98 up watt links LOWER BRACKET Conversion. Only 1 way will be allowed to mount lower trailing arm bracket. 1 piece of square tube 3”x 3”x 3/8”x 3” long max per side of frame maybe used. Cut the square tube to make a C channel. It must be welded to the inboard of the frame at the point you want your trailing arm mounted. Drill your hole thru the tube and only 1 thickness of the frame. Bolt your arm into place. No other bolts will be allowed to mount this bracket. No factory mounting brackets will be allowed to mount the trailing arms.
-03 Engine Cradles may not be welded to the frame in any way (if found to be welded to the frame you will not be given the option to cut) may only mount to top 4 cradle bolts, may only go past cradle bolts 3” MAX
EXP. Budde Metric Cradle or The “Bigshow” Cradle
- ANY drive train & transmission
-You may run steel bell, steel tail, trans brace, and aftermarket case
-you may run a basic front plate and lower engine cradle with pulley protector, but it must be mounted to the car with oem style mounts. Nothing can attach cradle to bell,brace, or tail. Side Bars on cradle may not be longer then back side of motor mount.
-no engine chains, unless approved with pictures
- No halo/carb protectors
- Any axle but must be hung with factory type control arms
- Rear end brace will be allowed.
-Pinion brake is ok
- You may run 3/8 chain around rear end back to the frame with only each end of the chain welded back to the frame for ride height control. Any extra chain links or weld on the frame will cause you to run working suspension.
-Allthread shocks are allowed
DRIVERS COMPARTMENT :
- 4 point square cage only, (1) down tube in the center of each front door welded to sheet metal only nothing to the frame. max 60 inch cage over all measurement. 6 inch max, Must be mounted horizontally and 6 inches off floor. Gussets only in interior of 4 point cage.
- Gas tank mount may be welded to back bar, but bar and fuel cell/tank may be touching
package tray. Can attach with 2: 1⁄2” bolts or 2: 1” welds, 24” wide MAX
- Halo bar allowed is allowed, 2-1/2 bolts with 1/2 washers to attach to roof. The halo bar may only be attached to the back seat bar or sidebars, not to floor.
- Drivers door must be padded.
- Gas tank and batteries must be moved and secured. Tank behind the seat, Battery centered in the passenger front floor.
- Nothing may be mounted in a way that strengthens the car.
- Trans coolers allowed. Must be mounted inside 4 point cage area. Or on cage must be
tight to cage if mounted on back bar.
-Down Bars must be in center of front doors, mounted only to top of floor pan welded to sheet metal only, 2”x4” max tubing (If you beat floor pans down you will cut them loose)
- You may hardnose front and rear bumpers if desired, but no shortening rear frame.
Follow rules below if using a shock.
- You may weld on any DI approved bumper(see below). Bumper brackets (in factory location) maybe weld continuously to frame 4 inches from the back of bumper only. In addition you may put 4 one inch welds on back side of bumper bracket or to weld shock inside frame(example metric ford to metric ford).
You may shorten 80 and newer fords up to an inch in front of the core support mount you may also be hard nosed.
Call with special cars to mount bumper legally. Rear brackets on rear and front bracket on front. - Or you may chain, 2 piece of chain per side BOLTED from the mount to mount to hold on the bumper.
- Bumper height must be 14" to 22" measured to the bottom of the frame at the back and front body mount location.
-Bumper may not exceed 9’’x9’’. - BUMPERS are interchangeable for all cars.
-IF you start with a stock/replacement bumper you are allowed to re-enforce inside of bumper
- Bumper must appear stock from the stands with no spike or protruding items.
-If your bumper will not fit in a factory skin, it is too big.
- You may weld the outer chrome skin to the bumper inner frame
- Bumpers may be cut to keep them out of the tires/ no sharp ends. - Bumpers may be flipped (upside down).
TIRES & BRAKES:
- No tires taller than 30". 4 wheels max per car. No dual tires.
- No split rims, studded tires or 100% solid wheels, you may use aftermarket center with various bolt patterns, solid centers are fine. Welds must be approved by judges on rear tires. Stay off the area of the rim the tube touches, except to weld your center into the rim.
- Doubled or foam filled tires allowed.
- All cars must be able to demonstrate the ability to stop at any time. If your brakes do not work, you will not compete.
- You may not change tires after inspection, ride height will be measured with your
competition tires only.
Simple rules, simple build, keep it that way. Again do not get "creative" or read into these rules, let’s get back to the basics. If it is not clearly described above, it is not allowed. If
it doesn't say you can, YOU CAN'T!!
- Official’s decisions are final. - You will be given one (1)
opportunity to correct items on your car. - Each car gets a maximum of 2 times through inspection. (one re inspect)
- Cars will be impounded after inspection and staged in a
- You must be completely ready to bolt the hood down during
inspection and then put the car in the staging area.
- No further work will be allowed and cars will not be allowed to return to their trailers.
- Do not come to the inspection line if you are not done preparing your car.
- Any added or welded metal plate/rod or material not specifically covered in the rules, will be removed completely as well as the surrounding metal. Don’t do it or your car will be weakened! Call ahead!
Patch Plates rules:
Fresh Cars 4 plates
Preran Cars 6 plates
- 4”x4” size
- 1” gap between each plate
- Can’t be made into a driveline kicker
- Can’t be used as a pin
- Can’t be cut into pieces
- Can’t be attached to 03 bolt in cradle
- If it covers both idler arm holes it must have a hole for inspection