2022 Metric Lite Rules
(NOT REVIEWED YET...DO NOT PRINT!)
Metric Lite Rules (NO 2003 & up )
ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
Only 50% of your car can be painted black! NO ALL BLACK CARS!!!!
BRAND SPECIFIC RULES
YOU ARE ALLOWED A 6 x 22 x 1/4” THICK ARCH PLATE. MUST BE CENTERED ON THE HUMP AND ON
THE WHEEL SIDE OF THE HUMP. DOES NOT HAVE TO BE CONTOURED TO FRAME CAN RUN STRAIGHT
YOU ARE ALLOWED TO TILT YOUR CARS AT THE CRUSH BOX BY CUTTING THE FLAPS, 8” MAX SPACER AT CORE SUPPORT
YOU ARE ALLOWED A 7 LEAF SPRING PACK, 5 CLAMPS, 2” STAGGER ON SPRINGS. YOU MAY ALSO
CHANGE YOUR 4 FRONT SUB/K FRAME BOLTS to 1” diameter
1.ANY METRIC Passenger car or station wagon only. (MOST 1977 & UP GM, 1979 & NEWER FORD, MERCURY, CHRYSLER AND 1980 AND NEWER LINCOLNS) IF YOU HAVE MODEL THAT IS IN QUESTION CALL, DO NOT ASSUME! No trucks, jeeps, hearses, limousines. (NO 2003 & NEWER FOMOCO PRODUCTS)
2. Sedagons are NOT allowed.
3. All glass, side windows, rear windows, headlights and taillights, must be removed before reaching the
track. Rolling down windows is not permitted.
4. Rear seat of sedan must be removed, top and bottom. On station wagons all seats and decking must
be removed. Station wagons must be emptied to the floorboards.
5. Cars must have a seatbelt and working brakes. MANDATORY
6. Battery may be moved, but must be securely fastened and covered in passenger compartment. TWO
BATTERIES ARE ALLOWED.
7. Front Windshield Bar is MANDATORY and is limited to a 2” wide x 1/4" thick strap or a chain/9 wire
8. NO REAR WINDOW BAR
1. You may change 4 in the trunk and 2 at the coresupport with 5/8" all thread.
2. 3 nuts 3 plates upto 6"x6"
GAS TANKS AND FUEL PUMPS
1. Stock gas tank MUST be removed from original position and mounted in the rear seat area and
secured. All tanks must have a secure cap. A marine tank or fuel cell is strongly recommended. All lines
and fitting must be leak proof and meet approval of the track officials. Electric fuel pumps are allowed
2. All lines must be run inside car, not along the frame underneath.
RADIATOR AND CORE SUPPORT
1. Radiator must be in stock position
2. Any automotive type radiator can be used. Aluminum Radiators are LEGAL.
3. No homemade radiators allowed
4. No reserve tanks and no added cooling capacity.
5. One electric fan, mounted to the radiator, may be used.
6. DO NOT MOVE CORE SUPORT
7. Factory condenser or 32” wide by 1/4" thick mesh radiator protector or 1/8" PLATE TYPE WITH DESIGN CUT INTO IT
8. Core Support Spacer MAY be Welded to topside of the frame
1. No body seams may be welded. No metal may be added.
2. No doubling of body panels allowed, no added metal allowed.
3. BODY CREASING IS LIMITED TO REAR QUARTER PANELS AND TRUNK ONLY
4. Fenders may be bolted together. Max of 10- 3/8” BOLTS ABOVE THE FENDER WELL.
5. Doors may be chained, wired, or welded. Welding of the doors and trunk is the only welding allowed
on the car body. When welding doors 6in on 6in off all the way around
1. Drivers Door can be welded SOLID and may have a door plate on outside
2. Passenger door must be welded 6 inches on 6 off. May have a door plate on the inside of door
1. A-Arms are allowed to be welded down by using 2 pieces of 2x2x1/4 per arm (1 front & 1 Rear)
2. If you weld anywhere else on A-arm, or use bigger strap than allowed….you will cut it all off and run working suspension.
4. Tie rods must have factory appearing ends, No heims! You may brace the center tube with angle or
pipe. Aftermarket is fine but must have a factory type end!
5. Factory spindle swaps are ok, ford to chevy etc. GM factory lift spindles are ok (No fabricated
6. You may Replacement ball joints, screw in or aftermarket are ok
7. You may change A-arms from new style to old style A-arms. Must bolt in factory location
8. NO All-Thread Shocks in front.
9. YOU MAY DOUBLE REAR SPRINGS
MUST BE OPEN AT INSPECTION!
1. Hoods must have two (2) holes, at least four (4) inches in diameter on each side of the carburetor. Not
directly on top of the carburetor. If the hood is removed, either the fan or fan belt must be removed.
2. Hoods may be secured by 2 pieces of all thread outboard the radiator. Cannot be sleeved. * Meaning
spacer/square tube stops at bottom side of core support*
3. You are allowed 10 pieces of double stranded #9 wire across the front of car from bumper to
4. You may replace your front core support bolts with up to 5/8” all thread, and it can extend through the
hood. This may not be sleeved with pipe or tube.
5. Hoods can be held shut with “one” of the following options,
A (8) LOCATIONS 2” long pieces of 2” x 2” angle with a single 3/8” bolt thru them
B (8) pieces of # 9 wire attaching hood to fender.
C. (8) Locations 3/4" diameter max bolts going through hood into inner fender with 2”x2” max washer
1. You are allowed 10 pieces of double stranded #9 wire from bumper to bottom of trunk lip.
2. You can weld trunks 6 on 6 off like the doors with max 4” wide by ¼ thick
3. You may crease the trunk and quarter panels.
SAFETY CAGES (4 POINT WITH 24" GAS TANK PROTECTOR AND 4 DOWN BARS TO SHEETMETAL)
1. All cars must have a safety cage and roll over bar.
2. A 4-point cage is required. . Your cage will must have a dash bar that must
be 4” from the firewall. Your cage must have a bar behind the driver’s seat no more than 6” away from
it. You must have (2) side bars and they must not be farther than the rear wheel humps and must not
extend past your dash bar. The side bars must not be welded to the rear humps.
3. Roll over bar cannot be more than 6” behind driver’s seat. Roll over bar can NOT attach to frame.
Weld or Bolt it to sheet metal only. A 6” x 6” plate may be used in aiding it to be attached to floor sheet
metal. Roll over bar can be bolted to roof
4. The cage can be welded to sheet metal only. You can have up to four (4) down posts, two (2) per side.
You must have a dash bar, a cross bar behind the seat and two (2) door cross bars.
5. Cage can be made out of 6” pipe, 6” square tubing, or 6”x2” box tube MAX.
6. All down tubes must be at or behind the dash bar, straight up and down. Welded to sheet metal only.
7. Gas tank protectors are allowed...max 24" wide and must stop at the package tray sheetmetal.... not on topside of the package tray.
1. No welding, plating, or reinforcing of the frame.
2. All factory frame holes must be left open.
3. Any reinforcing of frame found will result in disqualification. NO Fixing Allowed…You Will Be LOADED!
4. Sub frame cars cannot be tied together. If you want to run a full frame car, buy a full frame car, don’t
5. CORE SUPPORT AND CORE SUPPORT MOUNT MUST REMAIN IN FACTORY LOCATION.
6. aftermarket steering columns are ok
7. Rear frame rails may not be shortened.
8. You may chain or wire your axle to the frame hump. (2 CHAIN LINKS WELDED TO FRAME MAX) *NO
OPENING CHAIN LINKS TO GAIN LENGTH*
1. Bumpers maybe loaded or an aftermarket replica bumper.
2. Bumpers may be hardnosed or weld a factory shock to frame and bumper, If you slid the brackets
back on the frame No welding on frame beyond the furthest factory attachment point on the frame.
(not the furthest point on the bracket/shock) *NO WELDING Further than 6” BACK FROM BUMPERS* If
you have questions about this please call!
3. YOU MAY BOLT A CHAIN FROM BUMPER TO BUMPER SHOCK on THE FRAME 3/8 MAX or weld a piece
of strap (2 x 1/4) from frame to bumper 1” overlap on each end.
This is to aid in keeping bumpers off the track
4. Bumpers can be no higher than 26” from the ground to the top of the bumper or lower than 14” from the ground to the bottom of the bumper.
ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
1. Any engine or transmission may be used in any car, but must be mounted within 6” of the original
motor. Engine cannot protrude into the passenger compartment before the race.
2. Engine craddle is limited to a simple front plate and lower craddle ( NO HALO, NO SIDE BARS, NO MID PLATES)
3. No Fabricated Fan Shrouds
4. Aftermarket Motor Mounts are legal, Must have rubber or poly mount
5. Transmission oil coolers and engine oil coolers are permitted. They must be secure and contained and
covered inside the car, for the driver’s protection.
6. Pulley protectors are allowed, but sway bar must HAVE 1/2" GAP AT INSPECTION
8. HOMEMADE Gas Pedals and Shifters Are Allowed, but may not reinforce the car in anyway.
9. OEM crossmember or 2x2 square tube.
10. May weld a piece of 3x3x6 angle to frame to aid in attaching crossmember
11. Transmission modifications -Steel bells Steel Tails NOTHING IN BETWEEN (NO BRACES TOP OR BOTTOM)
1. Any automotive or aftermarket rear end
2. Slider drive shaft is permitted.
3. You may have five (5) spring clamps per spring. Maximum 1” wide 1/4 thick (mopar CARS)
4. ZTR style brackets are legal, but must use factory trailing arms to mount rear end. If bolted through
package tray, sheet metal must be cut around washer. (so, it isn’t adding a body mount)
5. If you shorten the trailing arms. Minimum overlap and weld. No doubling or reinforced trailing arms.
1. Any Tires black and round.
ASK first or don’t do it!
Everybody needs to read and re-read these rules.
If you are found to be over built for these rules, you will be given 2 options.
A. CUT OR REMOVE ILLEGAL PARTS.
B. LOAD ON TRAILER AND GO HOME.
Either way you will NOT RECEIVE A REFUND.